Friday, April 15, 2016

Little Pieces of Advice...

So it's April already, how time flies! I have been a bad blogger and haven't updated in a while, but I have some extra time today so I thought I would make a new post.

Like I've said, time has been flying. My duties haven't really changed. I continue to support different teams around the office, performing the tasks that others don't have the time or inclination for.

I have learned a lot and I feel like these past 3 months really have given me a foundation from which to build good work habits and productive time management habits.

For instance:


  • Every morning when I get into work, I look at my calendar and make a list of things to do for the day. If there are unfinished things on the list from yesterday I will add them to today's list AND do them first. 


  • Then I check my email and make sure there isn't anything that came in late the night before to get done early.


  • As I am able to I check things off my list. 


One of the best pieces of advice that I can give, is to keep your supervisor abreast of your activities on a daily and weekly basis. Stay on top of your availability. When will you be free to work on tasks next? What have you completed already? If you are waiting on someone to get back to you signal your supervisor.

The best way to get into peoples' good graces is to be open, communicative and a pleasure to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment